A Matter of Winning and Losing: Tips on Playing Blackjack
Today, blackjack seems to be one of the most popular card games. This is because playing blackjack is so easy to learn and play. Unlike poker, blackjack does not have any combinations to remember.
In blackjack, the object of the game is to get the sum of the two cards close to 21. When a person gets cards that are over 21, he or she loses the game.
Normally, a player receives two cards. After the players see their cards, they have to decide whether they would hit or stand. When a person says ìstand,î this means the player thinks he or she is closer to 21 already. When a player says ìhit,î this means that he or she still needs additional cards just to get close to 21.
Players can draw as many cards as they want until they feel they are close to 21 already. A player who is nearer to 21 wins.
However, there are people who have devised some tips and strategies to get an edge over the other players. There are times that these tips really can help some people win.
Hereís a list of some tips that players may choose to use them so as to win the game.
1. If a player gets 17 or higher, it is always better to stand, and if the player has any number from 13 to 16 and the dealerís card is 6 or lower, it would be better to stand. But if the dealer has 7 or more, it would be better for a player to hit.
The theory here is that, if the dealer is showing a card of six or lower, the dealer may take a card, assuming that the dealerís card facing down is a ten. The players, then, assume that the dealer is banking on a bust hand, so the other players have the tendency to maintain a lower card number.
The rule of thumb: players should always assume that the dealerís down cards is 10.
2. If a player has aces or 8ís, it would be better to split them regardless of the dealerís showing card.
3. A player should remember not to split 10ís. Chances are, they might end up getting busted.
4. If the dealer is showing 4, 5, or 6, it would be better for a player to stand on hard 12, or hit hard if the dealer is showing 2, 3, 7, or higher.
5. In order to win, players should always remember not to split fours, face cards, and fives.
Indeed, gambling is a game of chance, but with keen observation, winning is possible.